Pupil Premium funding at Steiner Academy Hereford
In April 2011 the government allocated a grant to every school for each pupil who was entitled to a free school meal (FSM) or who was a ‘Looked after Child’ (LAC) as at January 2011.
Purpose of the grant:
- To narrow the disadvantage gap by addressing inequalities and raising the attainment of those students entitled to Pupil Premium.
- To raise the self-esteem and aspirations of students entitled to Pupil Premium through curricular, pastoral and extra-curricular support.
How the grant is used:
Through targeted additional support strategies resulting in every student, however financially disadvantaged, being able to:
- Improve their levels of attainment and progress
- Close attainment gaps
- Have full access to our curriculum
- Have full access to pastoral support
- Access extra-curricular provision