VACANCIES AT THE STEINER ACADEMY HEREFORD
We are an all-through rural school with 330 pupils (3-16 yrs.). Our enthusiastic and talented staff are supported by committed parents. Our pupils achieve well academically and our ambition for them is that they become responsible and free individuals, who think clearly, observe perceptively and act constructively for the good of the world.
There are currently 2 vacancies at the Steiner Academy Hereford.
Humanities Lead, 0.4, Post
Do you have:
- an enthusiasm for working with energetic and forthright young people, to encourage them to fulfil their potential both academically and personally?
- a passion for and creative approaches to mixed ability teaching?
- a drive to develop a Humanities curriculum which supports success at GCSE level?
- a will and willingness to inform and empower the teachers of younger children?
- An expertise in History and the flexibility to work in other Humanities areas?
Would you like:
- to work with the Steiner lesson pedagogy, which provides the opportunity for meaning and depth of teaching and learning experiences?
- the opportunity to develop schemes of work that develop both compassionate and critical thinkers?
- lower than standard contact time to allow for high quality planning, intervention and marking?
We are looking for a teacher to deliver History GCSE and support other Humanities work within the school. Our school pedagogy demands teaching approaches be contextualised, meaningful and personalised whilst successfully supporting progress towards and within the GCSE framework. We expect our teachers to be empathetic and responsive to the development of the whole child and we aim to care for our staff with similar clarity and respect. QTS or equivalent Steiner Teaching qualification required. Applications from NQTs welcome.
Salary £23,695 FTE. £9,478 per annum including teachers’ pension
Closing date for applications June 4th 2015
Maths Teacher (full time)
We are looking for someone with:
- enthusiasm for working with energetic and forthright young people, to encourage them to fulfil their potential both academically and personally.
- passion for and creative approaches to mixed ability teaching.
- drive to develop a curriculum that focuses on contextualised mathematical thinking.
- willingness to inform and empower the teachers of younger children.
- flexibility to work in other specialisms – particularly Physics
We offer a salary of £23,695 to £25,756 (FTE) depending on experience, plus membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
The Steiner Academy Hereford is now in its sixth year of life and activity, and is thriving with full classes and beautiful buildings and surroundings. We seek colleagues to help us develop the living qualities of Steiner education in the heart of Herefordshire.
For an informal discussion please contact the Vice Principal, Ruth Young 01981 540221.
Closing date for applications: Friday 12th June 2015
Under the Equality Act of 1 October 2010, The Academy is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for the benefit of everyone. It is part of our core ethos to respect and value each person as an individual human being, each with their own gifts and challenges and this is regardless of, sex, race, religion and belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy, and maternity. The Governing Body and staff recognise their responsibilities in preparing young people for life in our culturally diverse society and showing by example the value of respect for each other as well as self-respect. They also recognise the opportunity to demonstrate that commitment both as a community resources provider and as a local employer.The Steiner Academy wishes to employ staff who are caring and will uphold the ethos and curriculum of the Academy. To support this, the Academy takes into account the guidance issued by the DfE to be applied from 1st January 2007 ‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education