STEINER ACADEMY HEREFORD
Herefordshire, HR2 8DL
01981 540 221
VACANCY FROM September 2016
Humanities- History Teacher (0.5)
Salary range FTE £22,244 – £23,695,
plus membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme and additional benefits.
We are looking for a teacher to deliver History GCSE and support other Humanities work within the school. Our school pedagogy demands teaching approaches be contextualised, meaningful and personalised whilst successfully supporting progress towards and within the GCSE framework.
We expect our teachers to be empathetic and responsive to the development of the whole child and we aim to care for our staff with similar clarity and respect. QTS or equivalent Steiner Teaching qualification required. Applications from NQTs welcome.
Do you have:
· an enthusiasm for working with energetic and forthright young people, to encourage them to fulfil their potential both academically and personally?
· a passion for and creative approaches to mixed ability teaching?
· a drive to develop a Humanities curriculum which supports success at GCSE level?
· a will and willingness to inform and empower the teachers of younger children?
· An expertise in History and the flexibility to work in other Humanities areas?
Would you like:
· to work with the Steiner lesson pedagogy, which provides the opportunity for meaning and depth of teaching and learning experiences?
· the opportunity to develop schemes of work that develop both compassionate and critical thinkers?
· lower than standard contact time to allow for high quality planning, intervention and marking?
Please contact Kate Andrews at the postal or email address above for an application pack. For an informal discussion please contact the Vice Principal, Ruth Young on 01981 542050.
Closing date for applications: Mon 23rd May 2016.
The Steiner Academy wishes to employ staff who are caring and will uphold the ethos and curriculum of the Academy. To support this, we take into account current DfE guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safer recruitment.