2012-13 Pupil Premium Funding Evaluation
Since April 2012 the pupil premium is based on ‘Ever 6’ FSM. This relates to pupils who have ever been entitled to FSM over the last 6 years. The amount distributed per pupil for 2012-13 is £619. During 2012-13 the Steiner Academy Hereford received £43,000, covering 52 pupils.
With the increase in pupil premium more resources have been put into support areas as well as continuing with the targeted support for 2011-12.
- The reconfiguration of the afternoon timetable currently being piloted in the Middle and Upper School – offering small group ‘option’ subjects from specialist teachers – has led to a broadening of opportunities for pupils to tailor elements of their curriculum provision to particular interests and capabilities.
- Extra staff time allocated to after-school homework clubs.
- Additional staff time allocated to after-school clubs teaching Spanish, German and Art as additional GCSE options.
- Additional staff time allocated to singing groups for classes 9 and 10.
- In classes 7-10, a re-deployment of staff time in mathematics to ensure smaller class sizes of pupils of similar abilities.
- A combined Class 9-10 group was able to attend the Shakespeare Schools Festival.
- A music technology course has been set up for some pupils of Class 10.
- Expansion and relocation of the outdoor ‘Quiet Space’ to the Landwork outdoor classroom, where a greater range of activities (including small animal care) are possible.
- Entering and supporting a team from the Upper School for the National Bar Mock Trial competition.
- Entering and supporting the Magistrates Court Mock Trial competition with Class 8.
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme is now available and supported for pupils in the Upper School.